PSC Chairman William “Butch” Ramirez stresses the extraordinary roles of women in creating social change and development in the country.
“To all women, grandmothers, and mothers, you deserve equal rights, equal treatment, and equal opportunity. In war, in calamities, in a pandemic, even in sports competitions, women play very important roles,” explained Ramirez.
In a statement on the celebration of International Women’s Month, the sport’s chief gave a toast to the strength and resilience of women, saying that “today is an opportunity to reflect and admire women for their constant strength and resilience. Their help shapes us as persons and as a nation. For all the things you do, thank you and I wish you all a happy women’s day.”
PSC has been very active and consistent in its programs for Women in Sports even during COVID-19 health crisis. A series of free online seminars have been conducted to push its drive for gender equality and women empowerment.
“This is our holistic approach to reach out to all the women in the country to be active in our leadership programs and encourage them to live a healthier lifestyle,” said PSC oversight Commissioner for Women in Sports Celia Kiram.
The PSC’s Rise up Shape up (RUSU) – a weekly web series that streams every Saturday on Facebook and Youtube, features different women experts and personalities aimed to inspire and empower ladies in different fields.
In its previous episode last March 6, RUSU featured the country’s prized women boxers led by 2012 AIBA Women’s world boxing champion and five-time gold medalist in Southeast Asian Games Josie Gabuco, 2019 SEA Games silver medalist Riza Pasuit and bronze medalist Aira Villegas, who paid tribute to their moms for its support and guidance in their careers so they end up triumphant in the sport and in life.
Commissioner Kiram also shared that they will be holding a webinar from March 10 to 12, for PSC staff entitled, “Mainstreaming Gender Equality and Women Empowerment in the Philippine Sports Commission System.”
“This is important for the agency so everyone could be gender-sensitive and effective in making responsive programs, plans and policies. The learnings in this webinar will not be limited to their work in the office, they could also apply it in their own homes,” said Kiram. (PR)
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success