THE DAVAO Occidental Tigers play the Basilan Steel for the South Division title as the Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League (MPBL) Chooks-to-Go Lakan Season division championships resumes at 4 p.m. March 10 at the SMBA bubble in Subic.
It will be a double-header as teams Makati and San Juan slug it out for the North Division crown which will follow after, according to tournament commissioner Kenneth Duremdes, Tuesday at the Philippine Sportswriters Association (PSA) Forum via Zoom.
Game 2 is on March 14 while Game 3 is on March 16. If necessary, Game 4 will be held on March 18 and Game 5 on March 20.
Basilan Steel took Game 1 in this year’s South division finals on a 74-72 victory while the Tigers tied the series in Game 2 before the league was halted due to the pandemic.
“Its good to see these teams back in the finals on a so-called grudge match as both took it to a deciding Game 5 in the previous championship,” Duremdes said.
- ROUGH CUTS| One lesson that must be learned
- Probe into ‘abductions’
- CSC XI urges more applicants for the August 2023 CS Exam
- National Academy of Sports now accepting scholarship applicants
- DCPO asks for responsible social media use to avoid creating panic
- Power disruptions on June 4, 5, and 6 in different parts of Davao City
- SM wins ICSC MAXI Awards 2023
- Fatal association
- Over 19,000 child laborers rescued
- Davao Culinary Cup returns after hiatus