THE DAVAO Occidental Tigers play the Basilan Steel for the South Division title as the Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League (MPBL) Chooks-to-Go Lakan Season division championships resumes at 4 p.m. March 10 at the SMBA bubble in Subic.
It will be a double-header as teams Makati and San Juan slug it out for the North Division crown which will follow after, according to tournament commissioner Kenneth Duremdes, Tuesday at the Philippine Sportswriters Association (PSA) Forum via Zoom.
Game 2 is on March 14 while Game 3 is on March 16. If necessary, Game 4 will be held on March 18 and Game 5 on March 20.
Basilan Steel took Game 1 in this year’s South division finals on a 74-72 victory while the Tigers tied the series in Game 2 before the league was halted due to the pandemic.
“Its good to see these teams back in the finals on a so-called grudge match as both took it to a deciding Game 5 in the previous championship,” Duremdes said.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC