THE DAVAO Occidental Tigers play the Basilan Steel for the South Division title as the Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League (MPBL) Chooks-to-Go Lakan Season division championships resumes at 4 p.m. March 10 at the SMBA bubble in Subic.
It will be a double-header as teams Makati and San Juan slug it out for the North Division crown which will follow after, according to tournament commissioner Kenneth Duremdes, Tuesday at the Philippine Sportswriters Association (PSA) Forum via Zoom.
Game 2 is on March 14 while Game 3 is on March 16. If necessary, Game 4 will be held on March 18 and Game 5 on March 20.
Basilan Steel took Game 1 in this year’s South division finals on a 74-72 victory while the Tigers tied the series in Game 2 before the league was halted due to the pandemic.
“Its good to see these teams back in the finals on a so-called grudge match as both took it to a deciding Game 5 in the previous championship,” Duremdes said.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art