THE DAVAO City Police Office announced a P300,000 reward for any information that would point to the perpetrator/s behind the gruesome death of a 47-year-old woman in Ladislawa, Buhangin.
Col. Kirby John Kraft, the city police director, identified the victim as Christine Sunga Corpuz.
Kraft said Mayor Sara Duterte offered the bounty during the City Peace and Order Council to anyone who can help solve the case.
“Last March 1, the body of a woman was found in Ladislawa area. Her dress was pulled up and she was not wearing any underwear,” he said
While she appeared to have been raped, the police refrained from making any conclusions prior to the release of the autopsy report. Her body was examined on Tuesday, which would help determine the cause of death.
“Based on the review of the close circuit television (CCTV), we have seen suspicious individuals coming from the crime scene and they are our persons of interest,” he added.
According to the report, Corpuz, a resident of NCCC Village in Bajada, was found with a deep gash on her head at the grassy portion behind McDonald’s outside Ladislawa Village at 4:30 p.m. on March 1.
Reportedly, at around 2 p.m. of the same day, the victim’s husband, Williamor Corpuz, was already retracing the steps that his wife used to take as she walked from their house to the highway.
However, a flower vendor, Domingo Putot, told him that between 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. of Feb. 28, he heard a scream for help at the said place but he ignored it, thinking that it was just a domestic spat. The husband sought police assistance to search for his wife in the area.
The body of the victim was brought to St. Peter Funeral Homes in Panacan for the required autopsy.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success