A POLICE drug target and his accomplice were arrested in an operation conducted by law enforcers in Diamond Heights, Barangay Communal, Buhangin District on Monday afternoon.
They were identified as Gerald Paulino, 24, and Dominador Paulino, 30, both residents of Purok 5, Panacan Relocation. They were arrested after handing three sachets of shabu for P1,000.
Gerald Paulino, a top 5 drug suspect on the regional level, was the target of the operation. The other suspect, meanwhile, was a beneficiary of the Special Amelioration Program for COVID-19, according to Capt. Rosario Aguilar, spokesperson of Davao City Police Office.
The operation was conducted by the DCPO Special Operations Group, Buhangin police, and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI.
The seized contraband weighed about three grams with an estimated market value of P 48,000.
The suspects will be charged for violation of Republic Act 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?