When it comes to the new Levi’s x Pokémon collection, well, you gotta catch ‘em all.
The brand’s capsule collection taps into a late ‘90s style vibe and delves into the colorful world of Pokémon, evoking the era when kids and adults alike all over the world adventured with Ash, Misty and Pikachu.
“It’s so fun to hear people talk about their love of Pokémon,” said Karyn Hillman, chief product officer at Levi Strauss & Co. “The fact that we had this ability to play and create with so many iconic Pokémon and characters was really a special experience. It’s such a thoughtful collection that respects and celebrates the world of Pokémon, and it was so cool mixing our icons and history with theirs — it’s nostalgic and optimistic, with a little bit of escapism.”
Created in honor of Pokémon’s 25th anniversary this year, the colorful Levi’s® x Pokémon collection features denim, tops, bottoms, fleece, tees and accessories with graphics and prints of the popular characters and woodland settings of the animated series’ first season. Notable pieces include a ‘90s style vintage fit Trucker Jacket and 551TMZ Authentic Straight jean in stonewash indigo, both featuring oversized embroidered Pikachu and lightning bolt patches for Electric-type Pokémon. There’s also a range of tees with throwback character art, and an all-over print Trucker Jacket and 551TMZ fit featuring an eye-catching forest design filled with Pokémon.
While this collection features a similar product assortment to the brand’s other recent collaborations, the fun is in the details. The team behind Levi’s® x Pokémon went all out on graphic techniques, incorporating all-over embroidery throughout the collection and adding outline embroidery with puffy filling.
While Pokémon is often associated with little kids, so many adults love it and look back on Pokémon with a lot of nostalgia. This collab captures that feeling in every piece of the collection. Levi’s is located in the Upper Ground Level of SM Lanang Premier; and in the annex of SM City Davao.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021