The champion cyclist shifted to the sport in 2013 from bowling after encouragement from national cycling coach Cesar Lobramonte.
Women in Sports Commissioner Celia Kiram emphasizes that biking can also be a sports activity aside from being a social activity.
“It is a hope that the increasing interest in it so that a lot more can be involved in this sport aside from being a physical activity that can make Filipinos healthy,” she shared.
She cites Salamat as an example of a competitive cyclist who can inspire Filipinos to take the sport on.
The episode also features an inspiring talk on the Cycles of Life, and how to embrace changes from book author Grace Eleazar, who wrote The Soul Speaks and A Gift: A Spiritual Journey on Love.
PSC’s Rise Up, Shape Up is a weekly web series streamed via Facebook and YouTube every Saturday at 10:30 AM. For more information on Rise Up, Shape Up, visit its official Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/riseupshapeup and YouTube page https://www.youtube.com/riseupshapeup.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021