Globe leads the 5G supremacy race in the Philippines with 1,069 areas across the country now with this latest generation in wireless technology. At present, Globe has the widest 5G footprint in the country owing to the company’s aggressive network builds and site upgrades.
As of January this year, Globe’s 5G coverage is present in 848 locations in Metro Manila and Rizal; and in 221 areas in Visayas and Mindanao.
“We want our customers to unlock the many possibilities and potential that 5G technology brings. Getting the 5G service to more customers supports our vision of empowering Filipinos to create the quality of lives they want,” said Ernest Cu, Globe’s president and CEO.
5G is the latest in wireless technology that promises faster speeds, higher bandwidth, and more stable internet connection compared to 4G.
In Visayas, 5G is now accessible in several areas in Negros Occidental, Cebu, Iloilo and in Aklan. The technology is likewise available in some areas in Misamis Oriental and Davao del Sur. In South Luzon, 5G is already present in selected locations in Laguna and Bulacan.
The company champions the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDG), specifically UN SDG No. 9 which recognizes the importance of infrastructure and innovation as crucial drivers of economic growth and development. Globe has vowed to uphold the 10 United Nations Global Compact principles and 10 UN SDGs.
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach