THREE individuals, including a nurse, were arrested by elements of the Toril police in a buy-bust operation along MacArthur Highway, Purok 17, Barangay 76-A at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
They were identified as Jessi James Dabucun Estella, 31, single, businessman and a resident of Tigatto; Keith Richards Peñano, 31, nurse and a resident of Matina Pangi; and
Edcel Calipayan Balbuena, 28, single, cook, and a resident of Tigatto.
Maj. Michael Uyanguren, the commander of Toril Police Station, said prior to the bust, the Drug Enforcement Unit and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI conducted a test buy from Estrella.
He was arrested after handing a big sachet of shabu. Confiscated from their possession were the P20,000 buy-bust money, 1.25 grams of shabu worth P8,500, and a blue Toyota Vios used in the transaction
The suspects face a case for violation of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drug Act of 2002).
for illegal firearm
A PAKISTANI national was arrested by operatives of Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG)-Davao in Sitio Sta. Marina, Barangay Binugao, Toril District on Wednesday morning.
Maj. Milgrace Driz, the CIDG-Davao, chief identified him as Zahir Faroq, a resident of Binugao.
The CIDG-Davao, along with the Toril Police Station, implemented the search warrant issued by Executive Judge Emmanuel Carpio of Regional Trial Court XI dated Feb. 15, 2021.
Police seized a Colt .45 with serial number 324597, a magazine with five bullets, and the sling bag used to carry the gun. The suspect was turned over to the Toril Police Station.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1