A PUBLIC school teacher and a government nurse were arrested in separate anti-drug operations on Saturday and Monday.
The two were identified as Analiza Abellana Asas, 51, a resident of Barangay Panacan, Bunawan District, and Katherine Suico Dejillo 36, a Department of Health XI employee assigned as a surveillance officer at the City Health Office and a resident of Barangay Indangan, Buhangin District.
Maj. Milan Naz, Sasa Police Station commander, said Asas was arrested on Saturday after packets of shabu were found at her residence.
Joint elements of the Sasa Drug Enforcement Team (SDET), Davao City Police Office Special Operations Group, led by Maj. Jonel Bonguyan, City Maritime Police Station, led by Lt. Pershing Abdul, and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI, led by IA3 Fe Fuentes, implemented Search Warrant No. 2115 issued by Executive Judge Emmanuel Carpio at 10:08 a.m. on Feb. 13.
Recovered from the suspect were four sachets of suspected shabu weighing more or less ten grams with an estimated market value of P160,000.
Meanwhile, Dejillo was arrested in a joint buy-bust operation of the DCPO- Special Operations Group, Buhangin police, PDEA XI after she handed a big sachet of shabu to a poseur-buyer for P160,000 in Barangay Indangan, Buhangin District at 4 p.m. on Feb. 15.
Capt. Rosario Aguilar, the spokesperson of Davao City Police Office, identified Dejill as a top seven on the regional level drug watchlist.
The operatives also recovered P4,900 in cash, and drugs weighing five grams with a street value of P80,000.
Accordingly, the suspect was arrested in August 2017 by the Talomo Police but released in September 2019 under probation.
They are facing a case for violation of Sec. 5 and SEc. 11 of R.A. 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories