THREE members of the New People’s Army (NPA) were killed in a clash with the soldiers of the 26th Infantry Battalion in Sitio Damming, Barangay Zillovia, Talacogon, Agusan del Sur on Monday afternoon
Maj. Francisco Garello Jr., the civil-military operations officer of the 402nd Infantry Brigade, said they were all members of the Guerrilla Front 88 of the North Central Mindanao Regional Committee (NCMRC).
The five-minute firefight also resulted in the recovery of an M16 rifle, two shotguns, cal. 38, two grenades, anti-personnel mine, assorted ammunition, five cellphones, binocular, medical paraphernalia, 15 sets of army battle dress attires, combat boots, and subversive documents.
Brig. Gen. Maurito Licudine, the commander of the 402nd Infantry Brigade, lauded the troops’ decisive victory in tracking the rebels.
“This victory is for the people who for the longest time wanted to live without the intimidation and threat from the NPA terrorist. We urge the CNT to stop using violence as it will not solve our problems,” Licudine said.
He also offered his sympathies to the slain NPAs and assures that the bodies will be turned over to the families for a proper burial.
In his statement, Maj. Gen. Andres Centino, the commander of the 4th Infantry Division and Joint Task Force Diamond, also offered his sympathy to the families of the slain rebels. But they will do their duty to rid the communities of the threat of the NPA.
“We will continue to use the government’s might to protect the people in our area of responsibility until the peace is obtained in all the communities.”
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art