AN ALLEGED drug pusher was arrested by elements of the Buhangin police during a buy-bust conducted in Barangay Ma-a, Talomo District on Saturday.
The suspect was identified as Rico Bagiuo Cansancio, 46, a resident of the area.
Maj. Bernie Suaga, the commander of Buhangin Police Station, said he was arrested for selling a sachet of shabu to the undercover agent. He was considered a street-level target.
Confiscated from him were two sachets of suspected shabu weighing six grams with an estimated market value of P48,000, and the buy-bust money.
The suspect will be charged for violation of Republic Act 9165 or The Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach