EASTERN Mindanao Command chief Lieutenant General Jose Faustino Jr., was named as acting chief of the Philippine Army.
Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana on Friday confirmed the appointment letter signed by Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea.
Faustino will replace Lt. Gen. Cirilito Sobejana who was recently appointed as chief of staff of the Armed Forces of the Philippines.
Faustino will take an acting role as Army chief since he has only less a year in military service as he is set to retire by November this year.
In a text message, Faustino thanked those who supported him during his stint as Eastern Mindanao Command chief.
A member of the Philippine Military Academy Maringal Class of 1988, Faustino also served as commander of the 10th Infantry Division and the the 11th Intelligence Service Unit in Davao City.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat