EASTERN Mindanao Command chief Lieutenant General Jose Faustino Jr., was named as acting chief of the Philippine Army.
Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana on Friday confirmed the appointment letter signed by Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea.
Faustino will replace Lt. Gen. Cirilito Sobejana who was recently appointed as chief of staff of the Armed Forces of the Philippines.
Faustino will take an acting role as Army chief since he has only less a year in military service as he is set to retire by November this year.
In a text message, Faustino thanked those who supported him during his stint as Eastern Mindanao Command chief.
A member of the Philippine Military Academy Maringal Class of 1988, Faustino also served as commander of the 10th Infantry Division and the the 11th Intelligence Service Unit in Davao City.
- ROUGH CUTS| One lesson that must be learned
- Probe into ‘abductions’
- CSC XI urges more applicants for the August 2023 CS Exam
- National Academy of Sports now accepting scholarship applicants
- DCPO asks for responsible social media use to avoid creating panic
- Power disruptions on June 4, 5, and 6 in different parts of Davao City
- SM wins ICSC MAXI Awards 2023
- Fatal association
- Over 19,000 child laborers rescued
- Davao Culinary Cup returns after hiatus