A RETIREE died when a fire engulfed his house along 378 Sampaguita St., Juna Subdivision Monday night.
The police report said Johnny Nidea, 64, married, and a retired overseas Filipino worker, died when a fire burned down his house.
The investigation report said the fire started at the room of the victim when discarded cigarettes caused his beddings to burn.
The victim suffered suffocation leading to his death. His body was brought to the Cosmopolitan Funeral Parlor.
The Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) declared fire controlled at about 30 minutes later
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls