THE Davaodel Norte government, the municipal government of Kapalong and the Eastern Mindanao Command entered into an agreement for the road widening and concreting project in Barangay Gupitan.
The groundbreaking and memorandum of agreement signing ceremony for the project was held on Thursday for the 18-kilometer road project between Sitio Biga and Sitio Kampina..
Among those present during the event were Davao del Norte governor Edwin Jubahib, Rep. Pantaleon Alvarez, represented by lawyer Ana Alvarez, Kapalong Mayor Theresa R. Timbol, Lieutenant General Jose C. Faustino Jr. of the Eastern Mindanao Command, Brigadier General Maning S. TawanTawan of the 10th Infantry Division and Col. Glenn Jun C. Calambuhay of the 1001st Brigade.
The local governments were behind the planning, budgeting, advocacy for legislation, identification, evaluation, prioritization, regulation, supervision, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of the program in the priority economic and manufacturing zones of the province.
Military officials said the project and other similar projects are necessary to accelerate economic growth particularly in remote areas.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?