THE CITY is remaining under the General Community Quarantine (GCQ) classification, President Rodrigo R. Duterte declared Friday.
The classification, which will run until end of next month, is putting the city in the company of the National Capital Region (NCR).
The city has shifted to GCQ since May 16, 2020 on the recommendation of the national government.
Mayor Sara Duterte earlier said the city government will wait for the recommendation of the experts on what steps to take next, particularly additional restrictions.
The city government has implemented a seven-hour curfew from 9 pm and a 24-hour liquor ban.
Under GCQ, more establishments are allowed to reopen and the ban on public transportation has been lifted.
However, companies are urged to implement their respective safety measures to protect their workers.
Also placed under GCQ are Batangas and Cordillera Administrative Region which includes Abra, Apayao, Benguet, Baguio City, Ifugao, Kalinga, and Mountain Province for Luzon; Tacloban City for the Visayas; Davao del Norte, Lanao del Sur and Iligan City for Mindanao.
Santiago City, Ormoc City, and all other areas are placed under Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ).
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories