LAW ENFORCERS killed a person, identified as among the so-called target-listed drug personalities in the region, during an encounter in Digos City, Davao del Sur Wednesday night.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, the spokesperson of Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency 11, identified the slain suspect as Sem Mantalaba Dumagsa.
Dimaandal said Dumagsa was number nine in the list of top personalities that were engaged in illegal drugs activities in the region.
The report said joint operatives of the PDEA Davao del Sur Provincial Office, Davao Sur Police Provincial Office, Regional Intelligence Unit XI, Criminal Investigation and Detection Group and Digos City Police Station launched the operation in Purok Malunggay, Lopez Jaena Extension, Barangay Zone 1.
During the operation, said suspect tried to shoot the members of the team, but missed. Members of the team then retaliated, hitting him in the process. The team then brought him to the Davao del Sur Provincial Hospital for medical treatment, but was declared dead eventually.
Seized from the crime scene three sachets of shabu weighing 2.28 grams, the money used in the operation and the handgun of the suspect.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos