LAW ENFORCERS killed a person, identified as among the so-called target-listed drug personalities in the region, during an encounter in Digos City, Davao del Sur Wednesday night.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, the spokesperson of Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency 11, identified the slain suspect as Sem Mantalaba Dumagsa.
Dimaandal said Dumagsa was number nine in the list of top personalities that were engaged in illegal drugs activities in the region.
The report said joint operatives of the PDEA Davao del Sur Provincial Office, Davao Sur Police Provincial Office, Regional Intelligence Unit XI, Criminal Investigation and Detection Group and Digos City Police Station launched the operation in Purok Malunggay, Lopez Jaena Extension, Barangay Zone 1.
During the operation, said suspect tried to shoot the members of the team, but missed. Members of the team then retaliated, hitting him in the process. The team then brought him to the Davao del Sur Provincial Hospital for medical treatment, but was declared dead eventually.
Seized from the crime scene three sachets of shabu weighing 2.28 grams, the money used in the operation and the handgun of the suspect.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success