LAW ENFORCERS killed a person, identified as among the so-called target-listed drug personalities in the region, during an encounter in Digos City, Davao del Sur Wednesday night.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, the spokesperson of Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency 11, identified the slain suspect as Sem Mantalaba Dumagsa.
Dimaandal said Dumagsa was number nine in the list of top personalities that were engaged in illegal drugs activities in the region.
The report said joint operatives of the PDEA Davao del Sur Provincial Office, Davao Sur Police Provincial Office, Regional Intelligence Unit XI, Criminal Investigation and Detection Group and Digos City Police Station launched the operation in Purok Malunggay, Lopez Jaena Extension, Barangay Zone 1.
During the operation, said suspect tried to shoot the members of the team, but missed. Members of the team then retaliated, hitting him in the process. The team then brought him to the Davao del Sur Provincial Hospital for medical treatment, but was declared dead eventually.
Seized from the crime scene three sachets of shabu weighing 2.28 grams, the money used in the operation and the handgun of the suspect.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories