AN ALLEGED drug pusher was killed after he allegedly shot elements of the Toril police in a buy-bust operation in Purok 1 l, Barangay Camansi, Toril District on Thursday afternoon.
Police identified the slain suspect as Junnyfel Alabar Natad, 38, driver, and a resident of Purok 4, Barangay Alambre, Toril.
Maj. Michael Uyanguren, the Toril Police Station chief, said
Natad drew his firearm when he sensed that he was dealing with a police operative.
According to the report, Natad sold a sachet of shabu worth P1,500 to the undercover operative. However, he allegedly fired at one of the members of the arresting officers, who returned fire.
The suspect was brought to the MediQuest Hospital but was declared dead on arrival by the attending physician.
The Scene of the Crime Operatives recovered a .38 caliber revolver without serial number loaded with four live bullets and one cartridge in the area.
Police also recovered three more sachets of shabu from the suspect’s body. The confiscated drugs weighed 0.34 grams with a total estimated value P5,440.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission