OVER 6,200 slots were opened for the Tulong Panghanapbuhay sa Ating Disadvantaged Workers (TUPAD) program for workers displaced by the anti-COVID measures.
The funds for the program will come from the P40-million grant under the Barangay Ko, Bahay ko Bayanihan II from the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).
Normal Baloro, TUPAD program manager for Davao, said that 6,274 Davaoeños will benefit from the emergency cash employment assistance program.
They have allotted 700 slots for the transport sector; 280 slots for solo parents who were retrenched due to COVID-19, 37 slots for blind masseurs from the Lamdag Multipurpose Cooperative in Victoria Plaza, 100 slots for Public Employment Services Office Davao walk-in applicants, 4,900 slots for City Social Welfare and Development Office District Offices applicants; and 257 slots for the unserved work for Davao technical working group.
Baloro said anyone can apply, especially those who have not availed yet of any assistance offered by the government.
“We are looking for those unserved and left out from all the other assistance given by the government such as the Work for Davao, they haven’t received the social amelioration program from DSWD, they haven’t availed yet of TUPAD, and other emergency subsidy programs by the government,” he said.
Under the TUPAD program, each beneficiary will receive P6,000 for 15 days of community work. “They will work for four hours a day. What’s good is that they can work even on holidays and weekends,” Baloro said.
Application for the program will start on Jan. 18, 2021, at the CSWDO District Offices. They can also look for their CSWDO barangay social worker in their respective barangay halls.
To apply, applicants must submit:
1. #BKBK Form which they can get from CSWDO District offices
2. Photocopy of any Valid ID with three specimen signatures and active contact number
3. Sign the “Pagkilala sa Paggawa” or “Oath of Undertaking” from CSWDO
4. Accomplishment report photos and original valid ID during the pay-out
All relevant and important announcements about the #BKBK II of the TUPAD program will be coursed through the Work for Davao official Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/workfordavao/.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories