MAYOR Sara Duterte on Monday advised the public, especially residents living in flood-prone and landslide-prone areas, amid the bad weather.
“Atong city DRRMO (Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office) nagsulti na kining pag-ulan naa pa ni sa musunod na adlaw (Our city DRRMO has announced that the rains will continue for the next few days),” the Mayor said.
“Kinahanglan ta mag vigilant ug maminaw ta sa mga announcement sa status sa atong water levels (We need to be vigilant and listen to the announcements on the status of our water level),” she added.
The barangay disaster risk reduction management centers were also activated to help with the information drive and evacuation, if necessary. The mayor warned that Davaoeños can expect calamities like landslides and floods during the rainy season.
- Duterte limits use of face shields to ‘closed, crowded’ areas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- World Vision launches this year’s #GirlsCan movement to empower and support Filipino girls
- ALS Unit formed
- ROUGH CUTS | Longing for sustainable change?
- OFFICIAL | Digital vax certificates needed vs bogus cards
- Quiboloy threatens to run for president if…
- SEC launches 1-day online firm registration
- Davao Light acquires Safety Seal Certification
- Celebrate chocolate with SM Snack Exchange