MAYOR Sara Duterte on Monday advised the public, especially residents living in flood-prone and landslide-prone areas, amid the bad weather.
“Atong city DRRMO (Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office) nagsulti na kining pag-ulan naa pa ni sa musunod na adlaw (Our city DRRMO has announced that the rains will continue for the next few days),” the Mayor said.
“Kinahanglan ta mag vigilant ug maminaw ta sa mga announcement sa status sa atong water levels (We need to be vigilant and listen to the announcements on the status of our water level),” she added.
The barangay disaster risk reduction management centers were also activated to help with the information drive and evacuation, if necessary. The mayor warned that Davaoeños can expect calamities like landslides and floods during the rainy season.
- Migs Dominguez is new Alsons Dev director
- This is it — #AngSignNaHanapMo to achieve your beauty goals
- JIB’s IChef Makes History as Mindanao’s First Halal-Certified Institution
- EGALITARIAN l Weak Peso to Our Advantage
- HONORING MY MOTHER l Cleaning as lifesaver (a Rewrite)
- ROUGH CUTS l Men are created equal?
- 2 cops nabbed for involvement in Gensan robbery; superiors relieved
- P2.448-M in shabu seized in Toril raid
- Residents urged vote for city in global contest
- Davaoeña is new head of TPB