MAYOR Sara Duterte on Monday advised the public, especially residents living in flood-prone and landslide-prone areas, amid the bad weather.
“Atong city DRRMO (Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office) nagsulti na kining pag-ulan naa pa ni sa musunod na adlaw (Our city DRRMO has announced that the rains will continue for the next few days),” the Mayor said.
“Kinahanglan ta mag vigilant ug maminaw ta sa mga announcement sa status sa atong water levels (We need to be vigilant and listen to the announcements on the status of our water level),” she added.
The barangay disaster risk reduction management centers were also activated to help with the information drive and evacuation, if necessary. The mayor warned that Davaoeños can expect calamities like landslides and floods during the rainy season.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories