MAYOR Sara Duterte on Monday advised the public, especially residents living in flood-prone and landslide-prone areas, amid the bad weather.
“Atong city DRRMO (Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office) nagsulti na kining pag-ulan naa pa ni sa musunod na adlaw (Our city DRRMO has announced that the rains will continue for the next few days),” the Mayor said.
“Kinahanglan ta mag vigilant ug maminaw ta sa mga announcement sa status sa atong water levels (We need to be vigilant and listen to the announcements on the status of our water level),” she added.
The barangay disaster risk reduction management centers were also activated to help with the information drive and evacuation, if necessary. The mayor warned that Davaoeños can expect calamities like landslides and floods during the rainy season.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence