REIGNING International Boxing Federation World super flyweight championship Jerwin “Pretty Boy” Ancajas of Panabo City will defend his title against Jonathan Javier “Titan” Rodriguez of Mexico.
The date and venue have yet to be confirmed.
“Ready po siya noong March pa alam niya na ganun ang laban sa US kaya handa siya (He was ready in March, he knew that was the case against the US, so he was ready)” said Ancajas’ manager-trainer Joven Jimenez.
The 29-year-old Ancajas (32W-1L-2D, 22KOS) will be making his 9th title defense of the crown he won against McJoe Arroyo of Puerto Rico via a unanimous decision last 2016 at the Jurado Hall of the Philippine Marine Corp, Barangay Fort Bonifac in Taguig City.
Ancajas did not have a fight last year because of the pandemic caused by COVID-19.
His last fight was against Miguel Gonzalez of Chile, who was beaten by a technical knockout in the 6th round last Dec. 7, 2019 in Mexico.
Ancajas is presently 138 lbs. right now.
“Kondisyon po kase tuloy tuloy training niya muna pa noong January (He is in condition because his training has started last January)” said Jimenez.
Ancajas has been training in the morning and afternoon with his sparring mates Jonas “Zorro” Sultan (16W-5L-0D, 10KOs) and Eumir Felix Marcial both of Zamboanga City.
Rodriguez (22W-1L-0D, 16KOs), on the other hand, last fight against Julian Yedras of Mexico, who was knockout in the 1st round last Dec. 4, 2020 at Las Lomas in Monterrey. (Lito delos Reyes)
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market