TWENTY-FIVE houses were razed by the morning fire in Barangay Lapu- Lapu, Agdao District on Friday afternoon.
Senior Fire Officer 4 Ramil Gillado, the Bureau of Fire and Protection XI Intelligence and Investigation chief, said the fire started around 11 a.m. in the house of Catalino Carolino.
Based on the report of Lanang Fire Station, the fire allegedly originated from the ceiling of the second floor. Investigators believed the He said the cause of the fire was electrical arcing, which typically occurs when the circuit overheats.
The fire displaced 25 families and 47 renters as 19 houses were totally razed and six partially damaged.
“Usually, if the barangay has a (community) gym, they will be sheltered there temporarily if they don’t have anywhere else to go,” Gillado said.
The fire bureau estimated P1 million in damage from the fire. The firefighters declared fire-out at 2:05 p.m.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market