TWENTY-FIVE houses were razed by the morning fire in Barangay Lapu- Lapu, Agdao District on Friday afternoon.
Senior Fire Officer 4 Ramil Gillado, the Bureau of Fire and Protection XI Intelligence and Investigation chief, said the fire started around 11 a.m. in the house of Catalino Carolino.
Based on the report of Lanang Fire Station, the fire allegedly originated from the ceiling of the second floor. Investigators believed the He said the cause of the fire was electrical arcing, which typically occurs when the circuit overheats.
The fire displaced 25 families and 47 renters as 19 houses were totally razed and six partially damaged.
“Usually, if the barangay has a (community) gym, they will be sheltered there temporarily if they don’t have anywhere else to go,” Gillado said.
The fire bureau estimated P1 million in damage from the fire. The firefighters declared fire-out at 2:05 p.m.
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach