TWENTY-FIVE houses were razed by the morning fire in Barangay Lapu- Lapu, Agdao District on Friday afternoon.
Senior Fire Officer 4 Ramil Gillado, the Bureau of Fire and Protection XI Intelligence and Investigation chief, said the fire started around 11 a.m. in the house of Catalino Carolino.
Based on the report of Lanang Fire Station, the fire allegedly originated from the ceiling of the second floor. Investigators believed the He said the cause of the fire was electrical arcing, which typically occurs when the circuit overheats.
The fire displaced 25 families and 47 renters as 19 houses were totally razed and six partially damaged.
“Usually, if the barangay has a (community) gym, they will be sheltered there temporarily if they don’t have anywhere else to go,” Gillado said.
The fire bureau estimated P1 million in damage from the fire. The firefighters declared fire-out at 2:05 p.m.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy