The kitchen gadget that is getting a lot of buzz this season is the air fryer—a nifty device that cooks food quickly and evenly.
Its magic lies behind the combination of concentrated heat sources. It can bake and it can roast—all thanks to its large powerful fan that lights up your food from the top, making it super crispy in a jiffy.
It is convenient because it does not require any preheat time as compared to regular deep frying appliances.
Air fryers also require little to no oil (battered food still needs some oil coating), making most fried dishes healthier than those cooked in deep fryers or pans.
Good Housekeeping’s Nutrition Director Jaclyn London said that air frying is “definitely a healthier alternative if you commit to using just 1-2 tablespoons of a plant-based oil with seasoning, and you stick to air-frying veggies more than anything else.”
Air fryers are fast! They sit perfectly in the kitchen counters of busy working people who want meat and vegetable dishes in a flash. Tip: brush your them with some vegetable oil or canola oil for best results.
Compact air fryers (1.2 liters) can cook for 1-2 persons and make a lovely addition to your arsenal of food making appliances.
Check out SM Home in The SM Store or SM Appliance Center in SM Lanang Premier or SM City Davao for the best deals. Want to shop from home? Get on the phone and Call To Deliver via #143SM (#14376).
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach