THE CRIMINAL Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG)- Davao arrested two individuals who were allegedly illegal selling liquified petroleum gas (LPG) in Tahimik St. Barangay Agdao Proper Tuesday afternoon.
Major Milgrace Driz, head of CIDG-Davao City Field Unit (DCFU), identified the suspects Mervin Tiban Jose, 35, married and resident of Nuro Poblacion; and Daniel Lawan Datuwata, 21, single and resident of Darugao, both from Upi, Maguindanao.
Driz said the two were arrested while selling an 11-kilogram LPG cylinder to a police officer who pretended as buyer. The two sold the filled cylinder for P1,000.
Also seized from them were several other LPG cylinders of different brands.
Aside from the CIDG team, also part of the raiding team were members of the Sta. Ana Police Station and the Department of Energy.
The two were placed under the custody of the Sta. Ana Police Station as criminal complaints against them were being prepared.
“It is our mandate to run after violators of the laws specifically on PD 1865 amending BP 33, and special laws; Republic Act 623 as amended by RA 5700 or “An Act to Regulate the Use of Steel Containers, Bottles, Casks, etc” and Republic Act 8293 or the “Intellectual Property Rights Law,”.Driz said as she reminded everyone to be watchful with this illegal activities of some who took advantage this pandemic.”
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories