THE CRIMINAL Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG)- Davao arrested two individuals who were allegedly illegal selling liquified petroleum gas (LPG) in Tahimik St. Barangay Agdao Proper Tuesday afternoon.
Major Milgrace Driz, head of CIDG-Davao City Field Unit (DCFU), identified the suspects Mervin Tiban Jose, 35, married and resident of Nuro Poblacion; and Daniel Lawan Datuwata, 21, single and resident of Darugao, both from Upi, Maguindanao.
Driz said the two were arrested while selling an 11-kilogram LPG cylinder to a police officer who pretended as buyer. The two sold the filled cylinder for P1,000.
Also seized from them were several other LPG cylinders of different brands.
Aside from the CIDG team, also part of the raiding team were members of the Sta. Ana Police Station and the Department of Energy.
The two were placed under the custody of the Sta. Ana Police Station as criminal complaints against them were being prepared.
“It is our mandate to run after violators of the laws specifically on PD 1865 amending BP 33, and special laws; Republic Act 623 as amended by RA 5700 or “An Act to Regulate the Use of Steel Containers, Bottles, Casks, etc” and Republic Act 8293 or the “Intellectual Property Rights Law,”.Driz said as she reminded everyone to be watchful with this illegal activities of some who took advantage this pandemic.”
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence