The seven (7) BEST Buses plying the streets of Davao City provide free ride for Dabawenyos. One just needs the GET-PASS app which is available for download in both Play Store and App Store. Access to a free ride service is simply done by tapping the QR code generated by the downloaded app on the scanner when getting on the bus.
The BEST Bus is the first public transportation in Davao City that has a contact tracing capability using the GET-PASS app and this is very helpful in the fight against Covid-19. Wearing a face mask and face shield is mandatory when riding the bus and partitions are also installed to ensure everyone’s safety and to lessen the risk of exposure to other passengers.
The buses are equipped with a GPS tracking system where one can monitor using the GET-PASS app. It provides access to information about the location of the buses and if they are already near the bus stops thereby can help passengers better manage their time and expectation.
The BEST Buses have the following routes: North Route will traverse from C. Bangoy Street to Rizal Street, Bolton Street, Magallanes Street, C.M. Recto, Acacia, Bajada, SM Lanang, Azuela Cove, R. Castillo, Carpenter, Sta. Ana Avenue, and back to C. Bangoy Street. Meanwhile, the South Route will traverse C. Bangoy Street to Palma Gil Street, Camus, Quirino, Bankerohan, Sandawa, Quimpo Boulevard, Ecoland Drive, Times Beach, Ecowest, Quimpo, Sandawa, Bankerohan, Magallanes, Boulevard, R. Magsaysay and back to C. Bangoy Street.
The buses are fully electric thus, provide zero emission and are very environment-friendly. They are also air conditioned and provide a comfortable travel around the downtown areas of Davao City.
These modern buses are Senior Citizen and PWD-friendly as these have ramps and wheelchair slots.
This project is a partnership by and among Davao Light and Power Co., Inc., GET Philippines and the Local Government of Davao City, with support from Aboitiz Foundation, Inc.
The BEST Bus project is an Aboitiz way of promoting a sustainable city by advancing business and communities.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success