LAW ENFORCERS arrested a barangay peacekeeper and five others as they were playing a basketball game, and betting on it, despite the ban on gathering due to COVID-19 in Barangay Daliao, Toril.
Major Michael Uyanguren, commander of the Toril Police Station, identified the suspects as barangay tanod Manuel Paran Joseph, 59; Roger Saclolo Vicente, 40; Renz Molina Labangi, 20; Jaybe Abellaneda Mer, 18; Jerecko John Aumentado Canuday, 19; and, Mana Lio Junny, 22.
Uyanguren said the six were placing bets as they were playing a 3-on-3 basketball game.
The six violated Section 3, of the f Executive Order 57, which prohibits the holding of contact sports.
Recovered from them were the ball used in the game and P330 in bets.
The suspects were placed under the custody of the police station as the criminal cases against them were brought to the court.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories