LAW ENFORCERS arrested a barangay peacekeeper and five others as they were playing a basketball game, and betting on it, despite the ban on gathering due to COVID-19 in Barangay Daliao, Toril.
Major Michael Uyanguren, commander of the Toril Police Station, identified the suspects as barangay tanod Manuel Paran Joseph, 59; Roger Saclolo Vicente, 40; Renz Molina Labangi, 20; Jaybe Abellaneda Mer, 18; Jerecko John Aumentado Canuday, 19; and, Mana Lio Junny, 22.
Uyanguren said the six were placing bets as they were playing a 3-on-3 basketball game.
The six violated Section 3, of the f Executive Order 57, which prohibits the holding of contact sports.
Recovered from them were the ball used in the game and P330 in bets.
The suspects were placed under the custody of the police station as the criminal cases against them were brought to the court.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy