BDO Capital & Investment Corporation (BDO Capital), the investment banking arm of BDO Unibank, garnered the top honors at last year’s virtual ceremony of the Investment House Association of the Philippines (IHAP) Awards.
BDO Capital received the Investment House of the Year (4 years in a row), Best Equity House (3 years in a row), Best Fixed Income House (5 years in a row), Best Project Finance House (3 years in a row), Best Advisory House, and Best Equity Deal (Small-Mid Cap) – Fruitas Holdings, Inc. Php1.011 billion initial public offering.
“We in the BDO Group are honored to be recognized and strive to find ways to assist our customers even during a pandemic,” said Ed V. Francisco, president of BDO Capital.
IHAP is a non-stock, non-profit organization established on July 19, 1974 to promote better understanding of the roles and functions of the country’s investment houses, as well as enhance the contribution of investment houses in the growth of Philippine businesses and the economy through the development of the capital markets.
Five years ago, the IHAP Awards was instituted to recognize the outstanding performances of Philippine investment houses in terms of league table ranking, innovativeness and expertise in structuring, distribution and execution of capital market deals, as well as the ability of the investment house to generate value for the market and its clients.
The participants were evaluated by IHAP members and a third-party panel of judges composed of representatives from the Securities and Exchange Commission, Philippine Stock Exchange, Philippine Dealing Systems Group, Financial Executives Institute of the Philippines, Fund Managers Association of the Philippines, Shareholders Association of the Philippines, and CFA Society Philippines.
BDO Capital is a full-service investment house that performs securities underwriting and trading; loan syndication; financial advisory; and private placement of debt and equity, among others. It has been doing an active role in supporting various public-private sector undertakings and a number of initial public offerings of diverse Filipino companies.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission