THREE senior citizens died when a fire gutted houses in Phase 1, Cordillera Street, Central Park Subdivision in Bangkal at 3:43 p.m. on Monday.
They were identified as Claudio Libre, 81, Gloria Aurora Libre, 79, and Angelo Ouqialda 60.
The victims were discovered hiding at the bathroom of the second house of the same compound. They were noted to have partial burns, although their bodies were not autopsied to determine the cause of death.
Senior Fire Officer 4 Ramil Gillado, city fire investigation and intelligence chief, said the house started from a vehicle and spread to the house of the Libres.
The flames quickly fanned out to the two adjacent houses.
“Two houses were totally damaged, one restaurant and one sari-sari store were partially damaged, and three vehicles were totally damaged,” he added.
According to the report, the cause of the fire was electrical short-circuit that originated from a mini-van, which was under repair.
Gillado estimated the damage of the fire to reach P400,000, For now, the remains of the victims were brought to Collado Funeral Homes in MacArthur Highway in Bangkal.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success