SOLDIERS from the 29th Infantry Battalion seized grenades, ammunition, and an improvised explosive device after an encounter with alleged members of New People’s Army on Jan. 2 in Kicharao, Agusan del Norte.
1Lt Edmar Colagong, the civil-military operation (CMO), officers of the 29th IB, said they recovered one M203 grenade launcher, a small piece of a broken upper receiver, one Bolt carrier of M-16 rifle, anti-personnel mine, three Yaesu HH radios, four blasting caps, rifle grenade, detonating switch, stethoscope, and ammunition for AK-47 and M-16 rifles.
The troops also found medicines, personal belongings, and subversive documents with high intelligence value, Colagong said.
The encounter happened in response to the information provided by residents following the presence of the rebels in Sitio Cabadiangan, Barangay Jaliobong.
The firefight between the government troops and the rebels lasted for nine minutes before the NPAs escaped toward the northern direction.
Lt. Col Aristotle Antonio, acting commanding officer of the 29th IB, said, “We knew very well that these NPAs have slowly been decreasing in strength and number and we will continue our intensified operations until they are decimated.”
“My troops and I will continue to welcome those of you who will choose to surrender. So, come down now and start a new bright year with your family. They are all waiting for you to come back to the fold. Don’t worry, we will help you,” Antonio assured.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat