SOLDIERS from the 29th Infantry Battalion seized grenades, ammunition, and an improvised explosive device after an encounter with alleged members of New People’s Army on Jan. 2 in Kicharao, Agusan del Norte.
1Lt Edmar Colagong, the civil-military operation (CMO), officers of the 29th IB, said they recovered one M203 grenade launcher, a small piece of a broken upper receiver, one Bolt carrier of M-16 rifle, anti-personnel mine, three Yaesu HH radios, four blasting caps, rifle grenade, detonating switch, stethoscope, and ammunition for AK-47 and M-16 rifles.
The troops also found medicines, personal belongings, and subversive documents with high intelligence value, Colagong said.
The encounter happened in response to the information provided by residents following the presence of the rebels in Sitio Cabadiangan, Barangay Jaliobong.
The firefight between the government troops and the rebels lasted for nine minutes before the NPAs escaped toward the northern direction.
Lt. Col Aristotle Antonio, acting commanding officer of the 29th IB, said, “We knew very well that these NPAs have slowly been decreasing in strength and number and we will continue our intensified operations until they are decimated.”
“My troops and I will continue to welcome those of you who will choose to surrender. So, come down now and start a new bright year with your family. They are all waiting for you to come back to the fold. Don’t worry, we will help you,” Antonio assured.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?