The Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (SBP) Region XI chapter still await for the green light from its national office and from the Local Government Unit in order to prepare for its grassroots program since the country is still in the state of pandemic as of this early 2021.
In a message, SBP-XI regional operations head Ronnel Leuterio said, “Wait and see lang muna and see if ano sabihin ng National SBP as to pwede na ba mag proceed sa mga national leagues. And as to local leagues, on hold din based sa ano sasabihin ng local government. But rest assured if everything is lifted we might organize 3×3 leagues right away,”
At the moment, there is no such clearance from the government or by the Inter-Agency Task Force about basketball being allowed to be played in the barangay level. Only individual indoor and outdoor non-contact sports and exercises such as walking, running, biking and jogging are the only activities are allowed.
Professional athletes in contact sports such as basketball were only given clearance by the IATF such as the PBA bubble.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission