A CHINESE national was arrested by elements of Sta. Ana police in a buy-bust operation conducted inside Kingsfield Express Inn, San Rafael, Barangay 10-A around 4 p.m. on Dec. 31.
In a belated report, the suspect was identified as Hua Fang, 39, with no listed occupation, and a resident of Barangay Sasa, Buhangin District.
Maj. Benkalin Baluan, the acting station commander of Sta. Ana Police Station, said the suspect was arrested after he handed over a sachet of shabu in exchange for P1,000.
The poseur-buyer also brought with him about P9,000 in bogus bills as show money to the Chinese national. The other operatives then handcuffed him after the transaction was completed.
Confiscated from the suspect’s possession were two more sachets of suspected shabu, Huawei touchscreen phone, and the gray Toyota Hilux that the suspect used for his transactions.
The seized shabu from the suspect had an estimated weight of five grams, with a street value of P90,000.
Baluan said the suspect was considered a high-value target, who they believed played a role in the distribution of meth in the city.
The arrested person, as well as the evidence, is now in the custody of the Sta. Ana Police Station as the police prepare the necessary documents for filing a complaint in violation of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002). They will file the case through summary inquest procedure.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead