DAVAO OCCIDENTAL – Jose Abad Santos Mayor Jason John Joyce announced a diarrhea outbreak in Barangay Butuan in his municipality, where one is confirmed dead and 33 others are hospitalized.
On his Facebook post earlier today, Joyce said that they’re still determining the cause of the outbreak. The mayor updated that there’s no new reported case as of last night.
Joyce bared that the local government has immediately acted on the emergency when the outbreak was reported yesterday morning. The LGU has prepared dextrose and medicines, and rescue vehicles are also on standby.
He assured that the affected barangay residents have been taken care of, and that the hospitalization costs of those confined at the district hospital will be shouldered by the municipal LGU.
Those who will be referred to other hospitals will be assisted by the LGU-JAS, provincial government, Congressional office and Dumper Party-list.
The local chief executive has called for an emergency meeting with the MIATF this morning at the Municipal Gym to plan out further actions to be undertaken. (CLC)
- Man yields shabu at checkpoint
- Man nabbed for shabu
- ROUGH CUTS | Making success an election issue
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 2, 2021
- Concepcion receives lifetime achievement award
- NCCC reopens Lupon branch
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 1, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Laviña | Go’s withdrawal from race a `brave move’
- 150K vaccinees in 3 days eyed