LAWYER Danrex Joseph Tapdasan was elected as the new president of Association of the Philippines Professional Boxing Ring Officials (APPBRO) for 2021-2022 last Dec. 17.
Tapdasan, 42, has referee and judge many international bouts in Asia. He hails from Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur but is now a resident of Quezon City.
For 2020 only, Tapdasan had referee twice at the Felix Hotel Casino in Bavet, Cambodia and was the judge for three times in Cambodia and Japan.
Tapdasan was one of the Judge when Takeshi Inoue of Japan retired Cheng Su of China to retain the WBO Asia Pacific super welterweight title last Jan. 18 at the Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, Japan.
Elected as vice-president was Alfie Jocosol while the secretary is Oliver Garcia.
Lawyer Aquil Tamano, former Commissioner of the Games and Amusements Board, is the treasurer.
The other officers are Gerald Basig (auditor), Jerold Tomeldan (business manager) and Robert Bridges (PRO).
A virtual and some physical attendance was made for the induction of officers immediately after the election.
The unique induction of officers was made by GAB Chairman Abraham Kahlil “Baham” Mitra. (Lito delos Reyes)
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success