LAWYER Danrex Joseph Tapdasan was elected as the new president of Association of the Philippines Professional Boxing Ring Officials (APPBRO) for 2021-2022 last Dec. 17.
Tapdasan, 42, has referee and judge many international bouts in Asia. He hails from Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur but is now a resident of Quezon City.
For 2020 only, Tapdasan had referee twice at the Felix Hotel Casino in Bavet, Cambodia and was the judge for three times in Cambodia and Japan.
Tapdasan was one of the Judge when Takeshi Inoue of Japan retired Cheng Su of China to retain the WBO Asia Pacific super welterweight title last Jan. 18 at the Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, Japan.
Elected as vice-president was Alfie Jocosol while the secretary is Oliver Garcia.
Lawyer Aquil Tamano, former Commissioner of the Games and Amusements Board, is the treasurer.
The other officers are Gerald Basig (auditor), Jerold Tomeldan (business manager) and Robert Bridges (PRO).
A virtual and some physical attendance was made for the induction of officers immediately after the election.
The unique induction of officers was made by GAB Chairman Abraham Kahlil “Baham” Mitra. (Lito delos Reyes)
- Man yields shabu at checkpoint
- Man nabbed for shabu
- ROUGH CUTS | Making success an election issue
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 2, 2021
- Concepcion receives lifetime achievement award
- NCCC reopens Lupon branch
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 1, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Laviña | Go’s withdrawal from race a `brave move’
- 150K vaccinees in 3 days eyed