LAWYER Danrex Joseph Tapdasan was elected as the new president of Association of the Philippines Professional Boxing Ring Officials (APPBRO) for 2021-2022 last Dec. 17.
Tapdasan, 42, has referee and judge many international bouts in Asia. He hails from Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur but is now a resident of Quezon City.
For 2020 only, Tapdasan had referee twice at the Felix Hotel Casino in Bavet, Cambodia and was the judge for three times in Cambodia and Japan.
Tapdasan was one of the Judge when Takeshi Inoue of Japan retired Cheng Su of China to retain the WBO Asia Pacific super welterweight title last Jan. 18 at the Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, Japan.
Elected as vice-president was Alfie Jocosol while the secretary is Oliver Garcia.
Lawyer Aquil Tamano, former Commissioner of the Games and Amusements Board, is the treasurer.
The other officers are Gerald Basig (auditor), Jerold Tomeldan (business manager) and Robert Bridges (PRO).
A virtual and some physical attendance was made for the induction of officers immediately after the election.
The unique induction of officers was made by GAB Chairman Abraham Kahlil “Baham” Mitra. (Lito delos Reyes)
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021