IN response of the national government’s initiative of reopening the economy after months of quarantine due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Department of Tourism Xl has created a campaign designed to promotes safe and responsible travel.
“There are local governments in Davao Region that has started to resuscitate their local tourism industry. To guide our local tourists and stakeholders alike, we created gentle reminders with our ‘Amping Kita’ campaign”, said DOT XI regional director Tanya Rabat-Tan.
“This is our response to the call of our regional tourism stakeholders to bring back travel confidence in the new normal. We also want to properly communicate our message of safe travel to the industry,” Tan said.
Initially, DOT Xl has posted e-posters and video teasers in its social media accounts, which aims to intimate inimizing of critical touch points in the traveler’s journey to restore confidence while keeping them enlightened, connected and safe.
A tourism video, along with other online and offline collaterals, will be rolled-out soon that will also support local tourism and promote pride of place.
According to Tan, their “Amping Kita” campaign embodies DOT XI’s proposition in the new normal, speaking of blessing and goodwill from one person to another or to a place, and vice versa.
“Amping” is popularly known to mean “take care” or “with care” in English. It also declares our identity and is, therefore, “more endearing, closer-to-heart and thoughtful”. “It is a phrase bundled with a silent prayer, hope and love. It is simple yet powerful and caring at the same time,” Tan added.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories