IN response of the national government’s initiative of reopening the economy after months of quarantine due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Department of Tourism Xl has created a campaign designed to promotes safe and responsible travel.
“There are local governments in Davao Region that has started to resuscitate their local tourism industry. To guide our local tourists and stakeholders alike, we created gentle reminders with our ‘Amping Kita’ campaign”, said DOT XI regional director Tanya Rabat-Tan.
“This is our response to the call of our regional tourism stakeholders to bring back travel confidence in the new normal. We also want to properly communicate our message of safe travel to the industry,” Tan said.
Initially, DOT Xl has posted e-posters and video teasers in its social media accounts, which aims to intimate inimizing of critical touch points in the traveler’s journey to restore confidence while keeping them enlightened, connected and safe.
A tourism video, along with other online and offline collaterals, will be rolled-out soon that will also support local tourism and promote pride of place.
According to Tan, their “Amping Kita” campaign embodies DOT XI’s proposition in the new normal, speaking of blessing and goodwill from one person to another or to a place, and vice versa.
“Amping” is popularly known to mean “take care” or “with care” in English. It also declares our identity and is, therefore, “more endearing, closer-to-heart and thoughtful”. “It is a phrase bundled with a silent prayer, hope and love. It is simple yet powerful and caring at the same time,” Tan added.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission