ABOUT 3,000 city government-paid health workers will receive their Active Hazard Duty Pay (AHDP) and Special Risk Allowance (SRA) covering September 15 to December 19.
The City Health Office (CHO) identified 3,538 personnel who are working in relation to COVID-19 pandemic. These employees are either regular, under the contract of service or job order, including those accredited and registered Barangay Health Workers (BHWs who are assigned to hospitals, laboratories, or medical and quarantine facilities.
City Budget Officer Ermelinda Gallego said the list of the personnel has been sent to the Human Resource Management Office (HRMO) to ensure that everyone receives the benefits.
The grant of the AHDP and SRA is per Administrative Order No. 35 and 36 by President Rodrigo Duterte and prescribed in the joint circulars Nos. 1 and 2 series of 2020 of the Department of Health (DOH) and the Department of Budget and Management (DBM).
Gallego said that under the AHDP the frontline Human Resources for Health (HRHs) will get P3,000 per month. While under the SRA, the public and private HWs will receive 25 percent of their basic pay.
“These allowances are over and above from their regular hazard pay under the Magna Carta of Public Health Workers,” she said.
The P95.6 million fund will be drawn from the Department of Health. Of the fund, P57.8 million is for the SRA and P37.8 million is for the AHDP.
During the implementation of the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) prompted the city government to grant hazard pay to employees who physically reported to work, 695 of them regular employees and,222 job orders and contract of service personnel.
The city government also provided financial assistance to 9,008 city-paid and barangay-paid BHWs, Barangay Nutrition Scholars (BNS), and barangay tanods. Those who physically reported for work during ECQ for 10 days and more received P5,000; and P2,000 for those who reported for less than 10 days.
Gallego said the city government paid P172.9 million to 10,925 personnel for the hazard pay and financial assistance during the ECQ.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1