LAW ENFORCERS confiscated about P1.4 million in shabu from a licensed criminologist during an operation in Purok 1, Rizal, Barangay Canocotan, Tagum City, Davao del Norte Tuesday.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, spokesperson of Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) XI, identified the suspect as Cris Silvester John Inso Calapan, 34, single and a resident of Visayan Village, Tagum City.
A composite team of PDEA XI, the Provincial Intelligence Branch of Davao del Norte Police Provincial Office and Tagum City Police Station arrested Calapan who yielded about 110 grams of shabu with a street value of P1.4 million.
The team collared Calapan, who has since been detained at the PDEA XI regional office, as he was trying to sell a sachet of shabu to one of the operatives.
Law enforcers were still preparing the cases against him.
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach