LAW ENFORCERS shot a father who allegedly tried to take hostage achis two-month-old son in Sitio Bawod, Barangay San Antonio, Cateel, Davao Oriental Wednesday
The police report said a team leader at a checkpoint in the village reported about a person, the suspect, who caused a commotion at the place by going berserk. Although the police report identified the man, the TIMES withheld his identity to protect his child.
Members of the police then responded to the call and when they arrived at the place, they found out that the father, armed with a 24-inch bolo, was taking his baby hostage.
The police team and the village security unit tried to pacify the suspect, who was drunk, and appealed to him to turn over his child; instead he brought the baby to the river and threatened to kill the baby with a bolo.
A member of the team tried to persuade the suspect, but the suspect brandished his bladed weapon, prompting the law enforcer to step back which led him to slip into the river. The suspect then tried to hit him with the bolo, prompting the police police officer to shoot him on the thigh.
Witnesses then brought him to the Davao Oriental Provincial Hospital – Cateel for medical treatment. Although he was stable, he was then brought to the Davao Oriental Provincial Hospital in Mati City.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories