The Philippine Sports Commission’s (PSC) will focus on promoting the benefits of proper and movement exercise during pregnancy in the upcoming “Beauty, Blooms & Baby Bumps” episode of “Rise Up, Shape Up.”
“Gone are the days when pregnant Pinays are discouraged from exercising because of unfounded concerns about safety for the baby. We want to correct that myth by providing scientific evidence from birthing professionals and success stories from new moms who managed to work out during pregnancy,” said PSC Commissioner and Women in Sports oversight Celia Kiram.
The sports official and women’s advocate shared that experts will be discussing important exercises and sporting activities during and after pregnancy to help women achieve a better and safer childbirth experience.
This week will highlight that an active pregnancy provides a psychological lift and a lower risk of excessive weight gain.
Rise Up, Shape Up’s fifth webisode will feature Certified Birth doula Ma. Beatrice Lina San Luis of Birthingisablessing. ph on pregnant woman’s body empowerment.
Meanwhile, Aileen Vinoya, a midwife, nurse, owner, and administrator of Marikina Maternity Clinic and Lying In, will answer some of the frequently asked questions of moms concerning gentle birthing, nutrition, and physical activities.
Yoga and meditation teacher, Eileen Tupaz of White Space Mind and Body Wellness Studio will guide women to a pregnancy meditation that involves a combination of mindfulness and visualization to help expectant moms cultivate the strength, stability, and steadfastness they need to face the challenges that come with pregnancy and motherhood.
An exciting part of the show, Dean Kiko Diaz of the UP College of Human Kinetics will share his account on how he supported his wife to ensure her physical fitness during pregnancy. He will also present important tips and guides for men as a way of support to their partners.
Rise Up, Shape Up is a weekly web series streamed via Facebook and YouTube Live every Wednesday at 10:30 AM. For more information on Rise Up, Shape Up, visit its official Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/riseupshapeup. PR
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months