AboitizPower distribution unit Cotabato Light and Power Company is currently undergoing a major upgrade of its Malagapas substation. This upgrade provides the company with an increased energy capacity, ensuring better reliability of power across its franchise area.
The project involves the installation of new electrical equipment, including the addition of a 15-MVA transformer — a new device that is used to control and protect the equipment at the site. The upgrades also allow for remote monitoring and operations, which is essential during the ongoing pandemic and is vital in keeping the lights on for the community.
Regarding the new upgrades, Cotabato Light President and COO Valentin S. Saludes III emphasized the company’s commitment to better serve customers in the following statement:
“The completion of the Malagapas Substation additional capacity will better serve the future electric demand while providing more reliable and continuous power to the Cotabato Light franchise area. The new equipment includes state-of-the-art remote monitoring and operating capabilities as well as protective devices, which will mean fewer power outages and faster restoration times for customers. This is Cotabato Light’s commitment to advancing business and communities,” he said.
This enhancement project will address the growing power demand for business and residential customers throughout Cotabato Light’s franchise area.
The project began in June 2020 and is expected to be completed and energized by the end of the year.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories