TEN INDIVIDUALS, including a seafarer, were arrested by elements of THE Toril police for cockfighting in Sitio Pogi Lawis, Barangay Daliao, Toril District on Nov. 22.
They were identified as Randy Mamacus, 51, single, driver and a resident of Lipadas; Allan Postanes, 43, married, unemployed and a resident of St. Jude; Luigi Diez, 25, married, factory worker, and a resident of Mcleod; Emmanuel Barata, 42, single, caretaker and a resident of St. Jude.
Also arrested were Adong Lapa, 38, married, driver and a resident of Pogi Lawis; Ronnie Joy Cabante, 26, single, helper and a resident of Via; Shelli Fuentes, 29, married, vendor and a resident of Pogi Lawis; Mick Atuel, 31, married, laborer and a resident of Pogi Lawis; Dennis Pagalan, 40, married, fisherman and a resident of Pogi Lawis and Junmer Pagalan, 32, OFW (seaman), and a resident of Pogi Lawis.
Maj. Michael Uyanguren, the Toril Police Station chief, said the suspects were caught in the act of engaging in illegal cockfighting in the place.
The confiscated items included two gamecocks, the bet money amounting to P220, four pieces of gaffing blades, and red electrical tape. Pagalan was also caught with marijuana in his pockets when all the suspects were frisked by the police.
The suspects are now in the custody of the Toril Police Station while a case is being prepared against them.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls