TEN INDIVIDUALS, including a seafarer, were arrested by elements of THE Toril police for cockfighting in Sitio Pogi Lawis, Barangay Daliao, Toril District on Nov. 22.
They were identified as Randy Mamacus, 51, single, driver and a resident of Lipadas; Allan Postanes, 43, married, unemployed and a resident of St. Jude; Luigi Diez, 25, married, factory worker, and a resident of Mcleod; Emmanuel Barata, 42, single, caretaker and a resident of St. Jude.
Also arrested were Adong Lapa, 38, married, driver and a resident of Pogi Lawis; Ronnie Joy Cabante, 26, single, helper and a resident of Via; Shelli Fuentes, 29, married, vendor and a resident of Pogi Lawis; Mick Atuel, 31, married, laborer and a resident of Pogi Lawis; Dennis Pagalan, 40, married, fisherman and a resident of Pogi Lawis and Junmer Pagalan, 32, OFW (seaman), and a resident of Pogi Lawis.
Maj. Michael Uyanguren, the Toril Police Station chief, said the suspects were caught in the act of engaging in illegal cockfighting in the place.
The confiscated items included two gamecocks, the bet money amounting to P220, four pieces of gaffing blades, and red electrical tape. Pagalan was also caught with marijuana in his pockets when all the suspects were frisked by the police.
The suspects are now in the custody of the Toril Police Station while a case is being prepared against them.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories