TEN INDIVIDUALS, including a seafarer, were arrested by elements of THE Toril police for cockfighting in Sitio Pogi Lawis, Barangay Daliao, Toril District on Nov. 22.
They were identified as Randy Mamacus, 51, single, driver and a resident of Lipadas; Allan Postanes, 43, married, unemployed and a resident of St. Jude; Luigi Diez, 25, married, factory worker, and a resident of Mcleod; Emmanuel Barata, 42, single, caretaker and a resident of St. Jude.
Also arrested were Adong Lapa, 38, married, driver and a resident of Pogi Lawis; Ronnie Joy Cabante, 26, single, helper and a resident of Via; Shelli Fuentes, 29, married, vendor and a resident of Pogi Lawis; Mick Atuel, 31, married, laborer and a resident of Pogi Lawis; Dennis Pagalan, 40, married, fisherman and a resident of Pogi Lawis and Junmer Pagalan, 32, OFW (seaman), and a resident of Pogi Lawis.
Maj. Michael Uyanguren, the Toril Police Station chief, said the suspects were caught in the act of engaging in illegal cockfighting in the place.
The confiscated items included two gamecocks, the bet money amounting to P220, four pieces of gaffing blades, and red electrical tape. Pagalan was also caught with marijuana in his pockets when all the suspects were frisked by the police.
The suspects are now in the custody of the Toril Police Station while a case is being prepared against them.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence