AboitizPower run-of-river hydropower arm Hedcor received recommendations for ISO re-certifications from the British Standards Group Philippines (BSi) as organizations across the world continue to confront a global health crisis.
Hedcor remains steadfast in meeting global organizational standards despite the limitations and challenges brought about by strict anti-virus measures. With BSi’s innovative auditing process via digital channels to abide by quarantine protocols, Hedcor advances its goal to operate efficiently and of utmost quality.
The power firm has been re-certified for Business Continuity Management System, Information Security Management System, Quality Management System, and Environmental Management System.
The ISO 22301:2012 (Business Continuity Management System) certification aims to safeguard an organization from a wide range of potential threats and disruptions. It was first awarded to Hedcor Sibulan and Tudaya in 2018. After a recent three-day surveillance audit, both are recommended for continued certification with zero nonconformities.
Hedcor Sibulan and Tudaya, along with Hedcor, Inc., Hedcor Sabangan and Luzon Hydro Corporation were also recommended for re-certification with zero nonconformity for ISO 27001:2013 (Information Security Management System). The certification is to ensure security of the organization’s information assets. This came about after a two-week recertification audit facilitated by BSi.
BSi has also recommended the continued certifications of the aforementioned for ISO 9001:2018 (Quality Management System) and ISO 14001:2015 (Environmental Management System) after two weeks of re-certification audit.
On top of this, the power firm has successfully migrated its Occupational Health and Safety (OSH) Management certification from the previous OHSAS 18001:2007 to ISO 45001:2018 as recommended by BSi Group. This upgrade will ensure that Hedcor updates its OSH practices to align with the new ISO standard on OSH management.
In its 42 years in the hydropower business, Hedcor has always worked towards meeting global standards. Having been awarded its first ISO certification in the year 2000 for Quality Management System, Hedcor has since been certified for six ISO certifications throughout the years. This is a firm display of Hedcor’s continued efforts towards excellence and resilience building which is especially important in this time of uncertainty. PR
- MG Mall Of Asia joins MG Philippines’ Nationwide Dealership Network, and is the first MG Dealership to feature a unique MG “Carffé” Coffee Shop
- EGALITARIAN | Catching up with our neighbors
- CHEMICAL SPILL | Public warned vs. water activities at Davao River until declared safe
- Kadayawan 3D light show at City Hall starts on Aug. 5
- Ex-DA chief Piñol calls for NFA revival to promote PH banana
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Family album
- ROUGH CUTS | Our hat off the CHO
- SEC cancels Flying Bear’s lending license, registration
- City readies aid to quake victims
- LGU, DOH link to enhance campaign on family planning