INTERIOR and Local Government Secretary Eduardo Año has not discounted the possibility of placing the city in a stricter quarantine program because of the increasing coronavirus cases.
In a text message to the TIMES Thursday night, Año, a member of the Inter-agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases, said the move to place the city under General Community Quarantine (GCQ) will be dependent on developments.
“Because the number of cases in Davao City is increasing, you might be placed under GCQ,” he said, although he added that this will be dependent on the final assessment of the Inter-agency Task Force for Emerging Infectious Disease (IATF-EID).
“Matindi na ang covid cases talaga dyan .Kailangan mabantayan ng gusto,” he added, pointing out that placing the city under GCQ would help in curb the spread of the virus.
He urged the public to adhere to minimum health protocols as part of their contribution in slowing down the spread of the virus. “Hanggat maari stay lang sa bahay Kung Wala namang importanteng gawin sa labas,” he added.
On Thursday, a group of physicians asked the city government to place the city under stricter quarantine protocols, but Mayor Sara Z. Duterte said the request should be directed at the regional and national task forces as they are the ones that can address the issue.
The city government has placed key measures in curbing the spread of the virus, including the reimposition of the curfew and liquor ban. It has also started implementing the Safe Davao Quick Response code program that it is scheduled to implement on November 23.
- Security forces support Baste leading RPOC XI
- Davao City jail opens mini-library
- Optimized security
- 3 arrested for drugs, unlicensed gun at checkpoint
- The New Channel: Always looking for the next highlighting its social advocacy, Global Women Who RULE 2023
- AirAsia Philippines records 95% increase in March bookings
- CDRRMO rates quake drill response at 8 or 9
- 174 PDLs test negative in random jail drug test
- UM founder to be honored by CPAs
- Classes canceled