ELEMENTS of Task Force Davao supervising the checkpoint in Sirawan arrested two armed individuals as they were passing through allegedly with about P60,000 of shabu on Wednesday evening.
The military team identified the two as Macky Niño Topinio, 30, of Mountain Dew St., Iwah, Dumoy; and, Shaun Paul Lee Tahil, 27, single, self-employed and resident of Labaka, Tambacan, Barangay Lizada, Toril,
The report said the two yielded three firearms, 11 sachet of shabu and other personal belongings.
The two, it added, were on board a four-wheel vehicle coming from Sta. Cruz, Davao Del Sur on its way to Toril when the team flagged it down for inspection.
This resulted in the arrest of the two as Col. Consolito Yecla, commander of the unit, said one of the suspects “was already holding a loaded cal 45 pistol on his lap when he was surrounded by TFD personnel. The immediate action and discipline of our troops prevented the possible bloody confrontation with the drug couriers.”
Lauding the action of the soldiers, Yecla said the TFD-supervised checkpoints seized about P10.5 million in illegal drugs this year as their professionalism resulted in no human rights violation committed.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead