Team Sports also benefit from Bayanihan 2
National athletes in team sports are set to receive the remaining 50% of their June and July allowances and shall continue to receive their full allowance up to December. Along with the rest of Team Philippines, they shall also receive the “special amelioration package” given by the government.
Benefitting from these are 199 athletes and 39 coaches belonging to teams of eight sports, namely; aquatics-water polo, baseball, dragonboat, handball, ice hockey, softball, underwater hockey, and volleyball.
Philippine Sports Commission (PSC) Chairman Butch Ramirez thanked the congress, senate and President Rodrigo Duterte for including the national team in the coverage of Republic Act No. 11494.
“A community coming together really makes a whole lot of difference,” remarked Ramirez, citing the instrumental help of Philippine Olympic Committee (POC) President, Rep. Abraham Tolentino in getting the funds to give back the 50% cut on the national team’s allowances.
Allowances of team sports are limited to a few months before and after a major international competition such as the Asian Games or the Southeast Asian Games, because of the considerable budget it entails.
However, fresh from the rousing success of Team Philippines’ overall championship finish in the 30th SEA Games, the PSC Board approved the extension of allowances until July of this year. And now, with the crisis that has hit everyone hard on all fronts, the sports agency approved to continue this until the end of the year and included team sports in the budget from Bayanihan Act 2.
The PSC has confirmed receipt of the 180 Million funding under the Bayanihan Act 2. The necessary administration to effect the remittance are now being done and are expected to be released by the first week of December. (PR)
- ROUGH CUTS | Bongbong-Sara tandem? Signs are unmistakable
- DMCI Homes rolls out tech upgrades for Verdon Parc project
- Ford Philippines sustains solid retail performance With 57 percent growth
- Army, Royal Brunei Armed Forces sign TOR on defense cooperation
- EO 59 bans drinking in public places
- Davao City discontinues use of face shields onboard PUJs
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Army accepting applicants to fill quota for 1,050 officers
- PSC supports ASEAN plan to add more Olympic events in SEAG
- NCCA winds down IP month