Team Sports also benefit from Bayanihan 2
National athletes in team sports are set to receive the remaining 50% of their June and July allowances and shall continue to receive their full allowance up to December. Along with the rest of Team Philippines, they shall also receive the “special amelioration package” given by the government.
Benefitting from these are 199 athletes and 39 coaches belonging to teams of eight sports, namely; aquatics-water polo, baseball, dragonboat, handball, ice hockey, softball, underwater hockey, and volleyball.
Philippine Sports Commission (PSC) Chairman Butch Ramirez thanked the congress, senate and President Rodrigo Duterte for including the national team in the coverage of Republic Act No. 11494.
“A community coming together really makes a whole lot of difference,” remarked Ramirez, citing the instrumental help of Philippine Olympic Committee (POC) President, Rep. Abraham Tolentino in getting the funds to give back the 50% cut on the national team’s allowances.
Allowances of team sports are limited to a few months before and after a major international competition such as the Asian Games or the Southeast Asian Games, because of the considerable budget it entails.
However, fresh from the rousing success of Team Philippines’ overall championship finish in the 30th SEA Games, the PSC Board approved the extension of allowances until July of this year. And now, with the crisis that has hit everyone hard on all fronts, the sports agency approved to continue this until the end of the year and included team sports in the budget from Bayanihan Act 2.
The PSC has confirmed receipt of the 180 Million funding under the Bayanihan Act 2. The necessary administration to effect the remittance are now being done and are expected to be released by the first week of December. (PR)
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021