THE Tagum Police Office arrested a soldier and his companion during an operation against illegal drugs at Ferido Street Purok Galingan, Barangay Mankilam, Tagum City, Davao del Norte Monday.
Lt Col Jed Garcesa Clamor, chief of the office, identified the suspects as Jonathan Lagoy Carinal, 24, single, a soldier and a resident of Purok Bumbil, Brgy Mamangan, San Isidro Davao del Norte, and Ronel Mahumot Posadas, 32, single, self-employed, resident of Purok Santol, Barangay La Filipina, Tagum City.
Both suspects were included in the list of people tagged as involved in the proliferation of illegal drugs in the city.
Clamor said a member of the police team posed as buyer of shabu and when the two handed him a sachet of what looked like the illegal substance for P1,000, they were immediately arrested.
Clamor said Cardinal, a member of the 1001st Infantry brigade, went on absence without leave as both yielded 16 sachets containing 4 grams of shabu worth P60,000.
- MG Mall Of Asia joins MG Philippines’ Nationwide Dealership Network, and is the first MG Dealership to feature a unique MG “Carffé” Coffee Shop
- EGALITARIAN | Catching up with our neighbors
- CHEMICAL SPILL | Public warned vs. water activities at Davao River until declared safe
- Kadayawan 3D light show at City Hall starts on Aug. 5
- Ex-DA chief Piñol calls for NFA revival to promote PH banana
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Family album
- ROUGH CUTS | Our hat off the CHO
- SEC cancels Flying Bear’s lending license, registration
- City readies aid to quake victims
- LGU, DOH link to enhance campaign on family planning