THE Tagum Police Office arrested a soldier and his companion during an operation against illegal drugs at Ferido Street Purok Galingan, Barangay Mankilam, Tagum City, Davao del Norte Monday.
Lt Col Jed Garcesa Clamor, chief of the office, identified the suspects as Jonathan Lagoy Carinal, 24, single, a soldier and a resident of Purok Bumbil, Brgy Mamangan, San Isidro Davao del Norte, and Ronel Mahumot Posadas, 32, single, self-employed, resident of Purok Santol, Barangay La Filipina, Tagum City.
Both suspects were included in the list of people tagged as involved in the proliferation of illegal drugs in the city.
Clamor said a member of the police team posed as buyer of shabu and when the two handed him a sachet of what looked like the illegal substance for P1,000, they were immediately arrested.
Clamor said Cardinal, a member of the 1001st Infantry brigade, went on absence without leave as both yielded 16 sachets containing 4 grams of shabu worth P60,000.
- Security forces support Baste leading RPOC XI
- Davao City jail opens mini-library
- Optimized security
- 3 arrested for drugs, unlicensed gun at checkpoint
- The New Channel: Always looking for the next highlighting its social advocacy, Global Women Who RULE 2023
- AirAsia Philippines records 95% increase in March bookings
- CDRRMO rates quake drill response at 8 or 9
- 174 PDLs test negative in random jail drug test
- UM founder to be honored by CPAs
- Classes canceled