THE Tagum Police Office arrested a soldier and his companion during an operation against illegal drugs at Ferido Street Purok Galingan, Barangay Mankilam, Tagum City, Davao del Norte Monday.
Lt Col Jed Garcesa Clamor, chief of the office, identified the suspects as Jonathan Lagoy Carinal, 24, single, a soldier and a resident of Purok Bumbil, Brgy Mamangan, San Isidro Davao del Norte, and Ronel Mahumot Posadas, 32, single, self-employed, resident of Purok Santol, Barangay La Filipina, Tagum City.
Both suspects were included in the list of people tagged as involved in the proliferation of illegal drugs in the city.
Clamor said a member of the police team posed as buyer of shabu and when the two handed him a sachet of what looked like the illegal substance for P1,000, they were immediately arrested.
Clamor said Cardinal, a member of the 1001st Infantry brigade, went on absence without leave as both yielded 16 sachets containing 4 grams of shabu worth P60,000.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market