THE Tagum Police Office arrested a soldier and his companion during an operation against illegal drugs at Ferido Street Purok Galingan, Barangay Mankilam, Tagum City, Davao del Norte Monday.
Lt Col Jed Garcesa Clamor, chief of the office, identified the suspects as Jonathan Lagoy Carinal, 24, single, a soldier and a resident of Purok Bumbil, Brgy Mamangan, San Isidro Davao del Norte, and Ronel Mahumot Posadas, 32, single, self-employed, resident of Purok Santol, Barangay La Filipina, Tagum City.
Both suspects were included in the list of people tagged as involved in the proliferation of illegal drugs in the city.
Clamor said a member of the police team posed as buyer of shabu and when the two handed him a sachet of what looked like the illegal substance for P1,000, they were immediately arrested.
Clamor said Cardinal, a member of the 1001st Infantry brigade, went on absence without leave as both yielded 16 sachets containing 4 grams of shabu worth P60,000.
- Concepcion, Austriaco ask IATF to begin pandemic exit plan for Ph
- ROUGH CUTS | The Garcia dominance’s acid test
- Only 150,000 received booster shots | mayor
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Group welcomes House approval to place of DavNor, Maco under DLPC
- 2 nabbed for marijuana
- House gives final nod on bill allowing DLPC to serve DN
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JANUARY 26, 2022
- Converge leads Netflix’ ISP Speed Index in December 2021
- Concepcion, experts urge return to pre-omicron protocols