To help ensure continuous access to quality education despite the coronavirus health crisis, Quadruple A developer DMCI Homes recently partnered with the Philippine Business for Social Progress (PBSP) for the donation of learning continuity packages to public schools in Davao City.
Spearheaded by the PBSP, the campaign pooled the donations of private organizations to assist in the printing of modules for public school enrollees and in training teachers to do online checks and feedback sessions with the students.
The pooled donation was used to purchase school materials such as bond papers and riso ink.
Six teachers from the Department of Education-Davao City Division’s Alternative Learning System (ALS) will also be provided with year-long mobile load.
The donated items were turned over to Davao City Schools Division Superintendent Dr. Reynaldo Guillena last October 23.
Guillena thanked DMCI Homes for its contribution as he expressed hope for continued support from the private sector in helping the Division ensure a smooth transition to a new learning system for Davao City learners.
Thank you so much for these goods that you have entrusted to us. I know that this could benefit our learners and I know that this is just the beginning of our partnership because I still do believe that along the way you will be able to offer so many great things to the Division of Davao City,” Guillena said.
“To DMCI (Homes), thank you so much,” he continued.
Corporate Communications Manager Carlo Gahol, on the other hand, assured the DMCI Homes’ continued support to DepEd-Davao City in line with the company’s “Kaakbay sa Edukasyon” Corporate Social Responsibility initiative.
“As part of the Davao City community, DMCI Homes looks forward to more partnerships with DepEd-Davao City to ensure the uninterrupted learning of our young Davaoeños despite the pandemic,” Gahol said.
Davao City is home to DMCI Homes’ residential project, Verdon Parc located along Ecoland Drive, corner Peacock St., Davao City. PR
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission