SOLDIERS of the 27th Infantry Battalion recovered a high-powered firearm, an improvised explosive device (IED) and other materials after their encounter with the members of New People’s Army in Purok Langub, Brgy Malabog, Paquibato District on Tuesday afternoon.
1st Lt. Gen Adrian Gautane, Civil Military Operations (CMO) officer of the battalion, said that after the 15-minute firefight the soldiers recovered a rifle, a IED triggering device, three magazines for two other rifle, ammunition, three sacks of rice, cooking utensils, medical supplies including contraceptives, backpacks and other personal belongings.
Gautane said the group was under the Guerilla Front 55, Sub Regional Command 5, Southern Mindanao Regional Committee under Arian Jane Ocheta Ramos alias Marikit.
He said the encounter took place after some residents told the soldiers about the presence of the armed group in the area. No casualty was reported.
Before the encounter, the soldiers also discovered the lair of the outlawed group about 600 meters from the site where the clash took place.
Maj. Gen. Reuben Basiao, commander of 10th Infantry Division, said the action of the soldiers was part of the intensified efforts in running after the outlawed group.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021