TWENTY-ONE former rebels in Davao Del Sur received started a three-month holistic transformation activity on October 28, in Barangay Kinuskusan, Bansalan, in Davao Del Sur.
The program is under the Tupad Pangako Program (TPP) of the Provincial Government of Davao Del Sur,10th Infantry Division Philippine Army, Mindanao Baptist Rural Life Center Foundation (MBRLC), and other government agencies.
Based on the information from the program, the former rebels will be reoriented and reorganized to abandon communist terrorist views and acknowledge the legitimacy of the government. It will also tackle the components of the program including deradicalization and the Enhanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program (E-Clip).
Maj Gen Reuben Basiao, 10th Infantry Division commander, cited the partnership of the program with the private sector, particularly the MBRLC, in the program as it is known for creating a halfway house for former rebels in Davao Oriental.
The MBRLC will lead in the undertaking one component of the program, the Baptist Out Of School Training, to help former rebels develop holistically.
Basiao said the program is a comprehensive package for the integration of the former rebels into the society, a needed initiative in the Whole-of-Nation approach of government in ending local armed conflict.
“Today, you can see the level of sincerity and concern of the government towards you (former rebels) with the realization of TPP in Davao Del Sur, this is it, ”Basiao said.
Roy Alimoane, MBLRC chairman, added that his organization, despite being a small one, will strive to help the former rebels as they prepare to go back to their respective communities.
“Our mission here is to give an impact. The only promise we can give you is we will try our best to help the programs of the government. We will teach you the real meaning of abundant life here in rural center,” Alimoane said.
- MG Mall Of Asia joins MG Philippines’ Nationwide Dealership Network, and is the first MG Dealership to feature a unique MG “Carffé” Coffee Shop
- EGALITARIAN | Catching up with our neighbors
- CHEMICAL SPILL | Public warned vs. water activities at Davao River until declared safe
- Kadayawan 3D light show at City Hall starts on Aug. 5
- Ex-DA chief Piñol calls for NFA revival to promote PH banana
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Family album
- ROUGH CUTS | Our hat off the CHO
- SEC cancels Flying Bear’s lending license, registration
- City readies aid to quake victims
- LGU, DOH link to enhance campaign on family planning