SOLDIERS of the 28th Infantry Battalion recovered two improvised explosive devices in Sitio Tagbobolo, Brgy Sainz, Mati City, Davao Oriental on October 23.
The report said the soldiers found the explosives after a resident reported that these were hidden in the village.
Col. Krisnamurti Mortela, commander of 701st Infantry brigade, said the IEDs were left by members of the Front Committee 18 of the New People’s Army just recently.
The residents reported the incident to the authorities as they feared that these bombs could explode anytime.
Mortela said the explosion would result in massive casualties as the bomb weighed about 15 kilograms each.
He thanked the residents for reporting the presence of the bombs in their area, saying this has has been the result of the cooperation between them and the authorities as confidence-building measures have been put in place like delivery of basic services.
“This is a result of ELCAC ((End Local Communist Armed Conflict) initiatives that opened lines of communications of government and populace, increased awareness of people about government programs, and well-coordinated grassroots interventions to address the welfare and security in GIDA and former conflict-affected areas,” he added.
“People’s faith to us is key to our campaign against insurgency. Together, we shall deliver peace as we continue to trust, open our communication lines and work collectively to end violence and armed conflict,” he added.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success