SOLDIERS of the 28th Infantry Battalion recovered two improvised explosive devices in Sitio Tagbobolo, Brgy Sainz, Mati City, Davao Oriental on October 23.
The report said the soldiers found the explosives after a resident reported that these were hidden in the village.
Col. Krisnamurti Mortela, commander of 701st Infantry brigade, said the IEDs were left by members of the Front Committee 18 of the New People’s Army just recently.
The residents reported the incident to the authorities as they feared that these bombs could explode anytime.
Mortela said the explosion would result in massive casualties as the bomb weighed about 15 kilograms each.
He thanked the residents for reporting the presence of the bombs in their area, saying this has has been the result of the cooperation between them and the authorities as confidence-building measures have been put in place like delivery of basic services.
“This is a result of ELCAC ((End Local Communist Armed Conflict) initiatives that opened lines of communications of government and populace, increased awareness of people about government programs, and well-coordinated grassroots interventions to address the welfare and security in GIDA and former conflict-affected areas,” he added.
“People’s faith to us is key to our campaign against insurgency. Together, we shall deliver peace as we continue to trust, open our communication lines and work collectively to end violence and armed conflict,” he added.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories