Brig. Gen. Filmore Escobal, the director of PRO XI, together with Brig. Gen. Luisito P. Magnaye, deputy director, SAF Air Unit, conducted an aerial inspection of the proposed location for the air station to be established in Davao Region.President Rodrigo Roa Duterte earlier directed the PNP to deploy its air assets to Mindanao to assist in law enforcement operations, conduct of tactical, search and rescue, disaster relief and urgent field/staff flight operations.
In preparation for the operationalization of PNP Air Unit in Davao region, Escobal pledged to facilitate the usufruct agreement between the local government of the Island Garden City of Samal, where the proposed station would be established.
“The deployment of H125 helicopters in our region is an upliftment and advancement of the police service,” He said.
“By having the said helicopters, the police operation, especially those that need urgency and speed and those that need aerial support, could be performed faster and more efficiently. Furthermore, airlift support would be readily available if needed,” he added.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021